Sunday, January 23, 2011

Early Mornings...

Since I opened my home daycare, my mornings have been starting earlier and earlier. Most days, now, I have to be up at 5:30 am just so I can be somewhat awake by the time the kids start showing up. I don't mind it too much, in fact, I'm starting to get used to it.

But, when the weekend comes, oh my do I look forward to not having to set my alarm. I don't usually sleep in anymore, my body is used to getting up now. But the simple  fact of not having to be up by a particular time is heavenly.

So, you can imagine just how pleased (notice sarcasm here!) I was when my son's puppy Charlie, woke me up at 6 am to go outside. My one day this week I had to sleep in (I had a baby here yesterday from 7-12) and that darned dog has to wake me up before the sun rises.

One nice thing about early mornings with no kids, though, is that I have time to think and to plan. And time to be creative. This morning, I was able to put together another free pattern for all of you! It's not quite ready yet, I still need to get pictures, but by tomorrow or the next day, it will be ready for sharing.

I have also completed almost all of the squares I need to finish up the Flower Garden afghan to go along with the Flower Garden square pattern. It's going to be gorgeous, I promise. Not to toot my own horn, but I'm incredibly pleased with how it's coming together.

After that, my son has already planned out what will be next. He's put in a request for his very own applique afghan, so that will be not only the next thing on my list of wips, but also the next big project that I'll be offering here. I'm very excited to start working on it. I have it all planned out in my head, it's just a matter of getting it on my hook!

Well, it's a cold, cold morning here and I have a fire that needs tending. And more coffee to drink. Maybe I'll go snuggle up under my afghan to keep warm. :)

Happy crocheting everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love all your comments and will do my best to respond to each of you. Have a fantastic day!