Wednesday, August 25, 2010

We're Eating Fish Tonight!

The men in the family decided to go fishing this morning. Since this is a fairly regular occurance and they usually come home empty handed, I felt very safe in taking a chicken out of the freezer.

But, of course, this time they come home with fish. Actually, this time, my son came home with his very first bass. He's so proud!


Which he immediately proceeded to play with.


I caught this touching moment between a father and son.


Which turned out to be not so touching when I realized hubby was convincing him to do this



Boys. Sigh...

Then it was on to teaching him how to scale. I actually really like this photo. My husband really loved teaching the boy how to clean his own fish, so this shot is really rather touching.


And hubby was so proud when the boy picked it all up quickly and was able to do it himself.



Ok, so I know dead fish isn't exactly the most appealing thing to blog about, but this is a morning that my husband and my son both are going to remember for the rest of their lives. If you could have heard the laughter coming from outside my craft room window, you'd be smiling just as much as I am right now. It was so wonderful, I just had to share it with all of you.

Now, I still have a chicken to cook. :)

2 comments:

  1. Precious moments between a father and a son.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely photos. They'll be great to look back on in the future.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love all your comments and will do my best to respond to each of you. Have a fantastic day!