Tuesday, August 17, 2010

We Have Baby Hamsters!

And oh my goodness are they ever cute!

As I'm writing this post, I'm not sure exactly how many there are, but we think 10. It's so hard to tell, though, they're so small!



This is all my son's idea and he has done all the work, the research, the planning, everything. On the last day of July, he put his male and his female together to mate (after checking to make sure that the local pet store would take the babies when they're ready, of course). He has been reading and researching and learning everything he needs to know to be a responsible hamster breeder.

And now, he's so excited. They're finally here!

His sister is going to have her choice of the litter to keep as her own pet. I will put an ad on Kijiji soon to see if we can sell them from home, and however many are left, will go to the local pet store.

Sally, Mama hamster, is doing such a great job too. She's a natural mother!


I'm going to start my son a scrapbook for this project of his. I'll take photo's every day of their growth, and save them on the computer (and post them here once a week so you all can see them grow too!) We'll keep records and notes, so that when it's all over, he can put together a nice little record of his babies. :)

Update: We did lose one little baby last evening. Poor little guy. It was just so sad. :( We're counting 11 noses now, we think.

But, cuteness abounded this morning when I got up. Apparently, the lure of the babies was too much for my son.



Today's Update:

Today I'm going to another quilting class! I can't wait. I wasn't sure how much I would enjoy the classes, but I have to tell you, they are fun! This class we're making a miniature log cabin quilt. This will apparently span two classes, today and next Tuesday.

Since Tuesday is my "free day" I don't have much on my To Do list, just the usual routines and decluttering. I'm determined to get this house in good working order and have a successful Christmas season! I've never had a good, organized and stress free Christmas. That's my goal for this season.

Tonight's Supper:

I won't be here all afternoon, so I'm making a nice easy supper today.

Pork Chops in Soup

4 pork chops
3 cans tomato soup
1 green pepper, chopped 
1 red pepper, chopped 
1 green onion, chopped
dash of worchestershire sauce
salt and pepper to taste

Place pork chops in skillet. Cover with remaining ingredients and cook for approximately 1 hour or until chops are cooked and vegetables are tender.

Easy peasy! I'm going to make this all up this morning and have it sit in the electric frying pan until I get home. Then all I have to do is turn it on and voila! Supper is done. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love all your comments and will do my best to respond to each of you. Have a fantastic day!